Recycled Glass Jewelry - The style Aficionado's Eco Means to fix Accessorizing
Recycle Your fashions Reviews
Glass is really a versatile and exquisite material to use in several elements of our lives. However the technique of making new glass is not environmentally friendly. The first crushing and grinding from the compounds sends particulates of metals, chemicals, acids, and dust in to the air, surrounding soil and ground water. The need for extremely high temperature furnaces to melt the mixture of drugs is quite energy intensive. And also the processes emit a lot of co2 along with other air-polluting compounds like nitrogen oxide, sulfur dioxide and particulates.
Recycle Your Fashions Review
Glass is 100% recyclable and can be reused to create a variety of objects. For each ton which is recycled, more than a lot of raw materials needed to create new is saved. Using cullet, or recycled pieces, takes 40% less energy than making new glass, as cullet melts with a much lower temperature. Additionally, it eliminates the million year wait for each bottle or jar ending life in a landfill to breakdown.
Jewelry Addicts Have Eco Solution
If you're a jewelry fashion aficionado you will concur that recycling at its best will be the use of recycled glass for creating jewelry. The concept is easy: take trash which will take a million several years to breakdown in a landfill and turn it into exquisite pieces of wearable art. The process of using recycled glass for jewelry is eco aware chic. Using old windows, drink bottles, dishes, cups, and jars the information is converted into cullet. In one studio an artist cuts the glass, assembles the pieces in to a design, than fires it in the kiln to fuse the pieces together developing a unique design. Another artist uses a three foot tall magnifying glass to focus sunlight (3,000 degrees!) to melt the glass. The molten glass naturally forms an elegant droplet shape.
Artists Make the Design
Each artist uses various kinds of recycled glass and process in creating their own design. The list below provides you with an idea of such creative processes.
- Most readily noticed is Brand Glass Jewelry. This simply is re-using branded bottles and jars - like soda, beer, wine, and liquor bottles - working the glass pieces into different pieces of jewelry.
- One very interesting type is Sea Glass Jewelry. Mimicking an all natural process, post-consumer glass is cut into pieces and sand tumbled within an artificial environment. The result is glass pieces that appears like true sea glass.
- With using a kiln, Fused Glass Jewelry is created by utilizing several bits of recycled glass in various colors and textures. The glass pieces are then melted together to make a single beautiful glass piece.
- Drop Glass Jewelry uses a heat source to melt a recycled glass piece letting the force of gravity pull the piece into a droplet.
- Stained Glass Jewelry is really a reuse of broken glass bits of different colors and shapes fit together inside an imaginative pattern.
- Creating a rainbow aftereffect of color, Iridized Glass Jewelry uses bits of glass which were treated with metal salts.
Bling Bling With Thoughtfulness
The recognition of recycled glass jewelry is rising. Earth aware artists and consumers alike recognize not only the benefits for the environment but the beauty found in each bit of recycled glass jewelry. Stylish jewelry designs are making recycled glass jewelry more fashionable and attractive. Concurrently artists using recycled glass bring about environmental protection by utilizing materials that save 75% of recycleables and over 50% of the energy normally needed to produce items from new glass. Recycled glass jewelry is a sparkling treatment for minimize a mundane problem. Ah, you will find, a jewellery Fashion Aficionado's dream of an eco means to fix stylish accessorizing.